Großer Grasbrook 17
20457 Hamburg, Germany
Kühne Logistics University (KLU), is a private, state-recognized university located in Hamburg’s harbor. KLU is unique for its international student body and faculty as well as research expertise in logistics, supply chain management and related aspects of business. It ranks among the top universities in the 2014 Handelsblatt research ranking of business administration faculties in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Studying at KLU means learning in an international, multi-cultural atmosphere: our students and professors come from all over the world, all of our courses are held in English, and our curricula address the international issues facing today’s businesses.
Our part-time MBA in Leadership and Supply Chain Management is an exciting educational experience focused on preparing high potential professionals to become global leaders in supply chain operations and management. Our MBA provides classes in leadership, corporate management, operations and logistics management, finance and marketing, information systems, critical analysis and decision making.
Students completing this program acquire practical knowledge and skills enabling them to:
• Take on leadership roles in global businesses having complex international operations;
• Develop effective corporate and supply strategies to compete in complex international settings;
•Develop the ability to analyze complex business problems and to effectively apply management practices and principles to these challenges;
• Understand complexities of intercultural cooperation to ensure effective interaction with international subsidiaries and partners;
• Leverage the creative energies of themselves and their colleagues to create innovative solutions to global operational issues that are both sustainable and profitable.
1) Our distinct logistics profile: we have a clear-cut focus on Logistics and SCM, for which KLU is unique in Germany.
2) Our leadership perspective: It is our objective to train and develop executives in these areas, which is our focus in all of our degree programs.
3) Our internationality: the Teaching language is in English, 50% of our students are international, and our company network as well as our partner universities are embedded in an extensive world wide community period.
"This program is the next step to revealing my leadership character and considering it from a global perspective for future growth within my company. It helps to look at your work, yourself, and your interaction in a group from a different angle." Alena Vasilevskaya / Iev ZV, Student EMBA Leadership & Logistics, Class of 2017
"I chose this program after attending a trial lecture. Apart from the unique focus on logistics, I was impressed by KLU’s internationality, the quality of the professors, the campus, and the alignment with American business school standards." Dominik Beck, Student EMBA Leadership & Logistics, Class of 2017
"The program is properly focused and includes strategies for business management, leadership, and logistics. It fits my needs perfectly, since it enables me to work while studying. I absolutely recommend it." Jaime Gerdts Dager, Student EMBA Leadership & Logistics, Class of 2017
"This program is a unique combination of the transfer of knowledge in the field of logistics and an important focus on leadership skills. Real world applications, cases and lecturers with hands-on expert experience in their fields back up the concept behind it." Jonas Schultz, Student EMBA Leadership & Logistics, Class of 2017
"The set-up of the program allows me to continue my professional career while enhancing my educational knowledge, leading to a faster know-how transfer. The professors are motivating and the participants benefit from a wide range of international experiences." Markus Nowc, Student EMBA Leadership & Logistcis, Class of 2017
"One of the best things about the program is our study method. There are lots of discussions in the class and participants from three different continents and several different markets make them quite lively. It helps me understand and evaluate the markets even better." Yigit Yuruker, Student EMBA Leadership & Logistics, Class of 2017
Starting date(s): 1 intake per year, September (annually)
Deadline(s): Application deadline is August 15th (annually)
Min. GMAT Score: 550
Min. TOEFL Score iBT: 90
Min. IELTS: band 6.5
Min. years of work experience: 3 years
Application fee: no
Number of students: 7 - 10 per intake
Average age: 35
Average years of work experience: 7 years
Percentage of women: 20 % are women
International students: 60 % are non-German
Average GMAT score: 550